I fly out of Chicago O'Hare Airport today, destination Barcelona via Zurich on Swiss Air. It's beginning to hit me. I'm going to Europe! I don't think that feeling will be quite complete until I'm airborn though.
My main concerns at this point are communicating in Spain, seeing as I speak little to no Spanish, and getting a train to Valencia from Barcelona. If we can't, we'll have to find somewhere to stay in Barcelona, which could be tough on short notice in a strange city. But it will be an adventure in any case.
After considering many options, I've settled on the classy Vodka and Tonic for my drink order after we cross into international waters. It will be my first legally ordered alcoholic beverage - ahem... I mean...my first alcoholic beverage... ;-)
Really though, I'm very excited to see what happens in Spain. Hopefully Amy will be meeting me at the O'Hare terminal and we can arrange to get our seats next to each other. Otherwise it could be a long and lonely flight.
The next time I update the blog, hopefully by tomorrow or the next day, I will be doing it from abroad! And I will have a much better idea of what is in store for me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
GAH! Next time i see you, it'll be in Europe! That kinda blows my mind :) Stay safe in Spain!! Tell Amy I said, "Hi"!
okay i will. valencia is great. amy says hi back! hope you have a safe trip over here!!
Post a Comment