All day today we walked around the city, enjoying everything it had to offer. There was a nice park, lots of really cool old buildings, and razor thin roads jam packed with tiny shops and boutiques. I could spend a long time here for sure. We also snacked on a freshly baked baguette and a hockey puck sized disk of goat cheese. It was delicious.
The streets here are really funny! Cars and pedestrians share really narrow roads and the tram runs through the street with everyone else! Chaos. Organized chaos, but chaos nonetheless.
Alas, our hotel is only booked for tonight and tomorrow night. But we've already made reservations at a small, family-run hotel just outside of Carcassonne. Look up some pictures of this place - it's simply gorgeous. We have a train there as well. So no more last-minute panic attacks for us! The head of the hotel even offered to pick us up from the train station in Carcassonne and take us to the country hotel. This is going to be really cool. We plan on doing some biking and hiking, and enjoying the peaceful, rustic side of southern France.
Seeing as I'm using the free wireless in McDonalds (the shame!), and they close in 10 minutes, I'll have to be going. But don't fret! There is more blogging to come tomorrow! I'll definitely add more pictures of Montpellier to this entry too - I love this city!
1 comment:
amazing! and so fun...I hope you are doing some relaxing! Great pictures...Hard to believe it's only been a week today! Take care and travel safely:) Love Jean
Post a Comment