We have left Preixan. Yesterday at 7:00 sharp, a taxi picked us up from our hostel to take us to the Carcassonne train station. Our train to Paris was through Montpellier, so we got to see that train station for a second time. The train from Montpellier to Paris was a TGV, and it was the first TGV I've been on so far that lived up to its name. Maybe the other TGVs weren't going far enough to justify going full speed ahead, I don't know. But this one went very very fast. I'm sure we were going around or upwards of 200 mph.
The scenery on the ride was quite beautiful. The countryside was greener, and the fields we passed were dotted with creme-colored cows. We made it into Paris around 2:00.
We hauled our things to the Accent Paris Center, and they gave us room keys, some information, and sandwhiches. I'll take a free meal anytime. They also introduced us to the one other American student doing the ESCP-EAP program, whose name is Eddy and who goes to University of Illinois. He's very down-to-earth and friendly.
My room is pretty good actually. There's enough room to be comfortable. There is a small kitchen with 2 burners, a sink, and a microwave. I did a little grocery shopping yesterday, so I won't starve. The shower is miniature. Even small by European standards. If I were any bigger, we would have issues.
The roomie's name is Jason. He seems very nice. He's already graduated, and he's doing a masters program - part of which requires either 3 semesters of a language or 1 of immersion language. So, he's learning french for the first time at the Sorbonne.
Yesterday after getting our stuff put away in our rooms, Amy and I took the metro to the Eiffel Tower! So I've seen that already. Pretty Exciting. It was really cool, and on top of it all there is some EU thing going on, so there is a big circle of yellow stars on the tower. I'll post pictures of that later since they're not on my computer yet. Getting to see just a little bit of Paris was really fun. And I love the metro!
Well, it's 9:00 am and I need to be getting ready for our Accent Orientation at 10:00. It's just going to be Eddy, Amy, and me, so it will be kinda funny. I don't even know really what they're going to tell us, but I guess I'll find out!
No comments:
Post a Comment